Join The Early Adopter Program
Applications for the ICESat-2 Early Adopter Program have now closed. Thank you for your interest and to all of our applicants! Post-launch opportunities will be announced soon! For any questions contact us at:
The ICESat-2 Early Adopter (EA) program promotes applications research to provide a fundamental understanding of how ICESat-2 data products can be scaled and integrated into organizations' policy, business, and management activities to improve decision-making efforts.
WHO ARE THE EARLY ADOPTERS?
ICESat-2 EAs are defined as those groups and individuals who have a direct or clearly defined need for ICESat-2 data, who have an existing application, who have an interest in utilizing a proposed ICESat-2 product, and who are capable of applying their own resources (funding, personnel, facilities, etc.) to demonstrate the utility of ICESat-2 data for their particular system or model. The EA will use preliminary data products to emulate the structure of ICESat-2 data products. Meet our early adopters.
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF THE EARLY ADOPTER DESIGNATION?
The goal of the Early Adopter designation is to provide individuals and groups with the unique opportunity to demonstrate the utility of ICESat-2 data in their particular operational system or model before launch of the satellite. Early Adopters commit to engage in pre-launch research, with specific support from the Mission and Applications Team, not only to accelerate the integration of ICESat-2 products after launch into their specific application, but to provide the Mission with valuable feedback on how ICESat-2 can be used for decision support.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE EA PROGRAM
- The EA program is an unfunded activity formalized through an early data access agreement between the mission and the participating organization.
- Each EA will be partnered with an SDT member who is developing a product that they could use.
- The EA will receive access to developmental products and interaction with the product developer enabling them to understand and integrate the new products into their systems.
- The SDT member will gain a partner who can evaluate products and offer feedback from a functionality perspective as well as potential calibration and validation information.
- Products provided to the EA organizations will be derived from MABEL (the ICESat-2 airborne simulator) and should be similar in format and functionality to the anticipated products from the mission.